Mission and Purpose
- To collect and preserve the records of our ancestors.
- To encourage members in genealogical research.
- To compile and prepare records.
- To establish and maintain an archive of genealogical records and books through donations.
- To cooperate with other genealogical societies.
- To sponsor and encourage educational meetings, lectures, and activities on genealogy and history.
Our meetings are usually held the first Saturday of each month (except July & August) at the Monroe County Community College in the Administration Building (at the south end of campus) at 1:00pm. Refreshments are served and all are welcome to attend. Exceptions to our regular meeting time and place will be posted on our website and will appear in the Monroe News.
Operating Year: January - December 2019
Genevieve Rowland 1977-1978
Phyllis LaVigne 1978-1980
Virginia Mehregan 1980-1983
Dan Muszynski 1983-1992
James VanSlambrouk 1992-1993
Rick Grassley 1993-2000
Jan Keeler 2000-2001
Beulah Mens 2001-2003
Connie Ayres 2003-2004
Lucy Pitcher 2004-2005
Margie Braden 2005-2005
Jim Pritchett 2005-2008
Doris Blessing 2009-2012
Loretta Dunham 2012-2014
Mike Van Wasshnova 2014-